Where do I pay traffic tickets?

Citations issued by Ellis County Sheriff’s Deputies may be paid, unless required to appear in court, by contacting the Ellis County District Court Clerk's Office.  The Court Clerk’s Office is located on the 2nd story of the Ellis County Courthouse, which is located at 107 W. 12th St. Hays, Kansas. They can be reached Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or by calling (785) 628-9415.

You may also choose to pay your fine online by visiting the www.CitePayUSA.com website and choosing "Ellis County District Court Court" from the drop-down menu.

You may make an online payment after your citation information is entered into the system.  This typically can take up to five (5) days from the date you received the citation.

The online payment method is only available to those who are not required to appear in court.

Show All Answers

1. I just found a brightly colored civil process slip in my door from your department for someone that used to live at my residence or someone I don’t know. What do I do now?
2. How do I report a crime?
3. I just found a brightly colored slip in my door from our office. It reads that the Sheriff’s Department has a civil process paper for me. What do I do now?
4. I am aware that your office has civil process for me but I’ve heard that if I avoid service I will elude having to go to court and the matter might simply “go away”
5. When should I call 9-1-1 opposed to calling on the Sheriff's administrative line (785) 625-1040?
6. What is Civil Process?
7. Can the Sheriff's Office Resolve Landlord/Tenant Disputes?
8. Will the Sheriff's Office preform a Civil Standby?
9. Can the Sheriff's Office preform Background Checks?
10. How can I file a Missing Person’s Report?
11. Will the Sheriff's Office preform Welfare Checks?
12. How do I obtain fingerprints for pre-employment?
13. Property boundary disputes - What is the solution?
14. Where do I pay traffic tickets?
15. Will the Sheriff's Office unlock my personal vehicle?