How can I file a Missing Person’s Report?

Missing/Runaway  Juveniles: The parent or guardian of any juvenile (under 18 years of  age) may file a missing person-runaway juvenile report at any time.  These reports will be immediately entered into the NCIC law enforcement  database, which would serve to alert any officer from any jurisdiction  having contact with the juvenile that he or she is listed as missing or a  runaway. Deputies will also follow-up on any leads provided by the  parent or guardian as to the possible location of the juvenile.

Missing Adults: Any person eighteen (18) years of age or older is  considered to be an adult with full liberty to move about as they  choose, with the exception of persons 18 years of age or older who  remain under the legal guardianship of another adult or protective  services. Deputies will take reports of missing adults at any time. The  extent of any follow-up will depend upon the circumstances of the  disappearance. For example, if evidence indicates that the missing  person was endangered or may have been forcibly abducted, deputies would  immediately begin following up on leads. If the missing person simply has not been seen recently, but no evidence of foul play was found to  exist, then our options and responsibilities in those cases may be  limited under the law. See the link for the The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children for additional information.

Show All Answers

1. I just found a brightly colored civil process slip in my door from your department for someone that used to live at my residence or someone I don’t know. What do I do now?
2. How do I report a crime?
3. I just found a brightly colored slip in my door from our office. It reads that the Sheriff’s Department has a civil process paper for me. What do I do now?
4. I am aware that your office has civil process for me but I’ve heard that if I avoid service I will elude having to go to court and the matter might simply “go away”
5. When should I call 9-1-1 opposed to calling on the Sheriff's administrative line (785) 625-1040?
6. What is Civil Process?
7. Can the Sheriff's Office Resolve Landlord/Tenant Disputes?
8. Will the Sheriff's Office preform a Civil Standby?
9. Can the Sheriff's Office preform Background Checks?
10. How can I file a Missing Person’s Report?
11. Will the Sheriff's Office preform Welfare Checks?
12. How do I obtain fingerprints for pre-employment?
13. Property boundary disputes - What is the solution?
14. Where do I pay traffic tickets?
15. Will the Sheriff's Office unlock my personal vehicle?