The County Clerk’s Office is located in the Administrative Center, 718 Main in Hays, Kansas. As an elected position, the County Clerk serves a term of four years and also serves as secretary to the Board of Commissioners.
Services provided by the County Clerk's Office include:
Cereal malt beverage/drinking establishment licenses within a rural area
* Administering oaths
* Computing and certifying the tax roll to the County Treasurer for collection
* Keeping a record of all orders and contracts that create a liability against
* Taking and maintaining minutes of all County Commission meetings
* Serving as the county election officer and conducting all elections in Ellis
* Serving as a notary public
* Serving as budgetary accountant and accounts payable clerk for the county
* Setting tax levies
* Signing and issuing all orders approved by the Board of Commissioners
Note: The Deputy County Clerk shall perform all duties of the County Clerk during his/her absence.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact the County Clerk's Office at (785)628-9410.
Dylan J Brown has been awarded a 2019 Kansas County Clerks and Election Officials Association (KCCEOA) $500 Scholarship. Ellis County Clerk Donna Maskus reported that 97 scholarship applications were received and 12 scholarships were awarded at the state KCCEOA Conference. Brown is a recent graduate of Ellis High School and plans to attend Pratt Community College majoring in Information Technology and Business. Dylan's parents are Heidi Schmidt and Josh Brown.