Permits & Policies

Roadway Entrance / Mailbox Policies & Application
All new or additional entrances or modifications to existing entrances to Ellis County roadways require the approval of Ellis County. In addition, no mailbox or newspaper delivery box is permitted on an Ellis County right of way if it interferes with the safety of the traveling public or the function, maintenance, or operation of the county roadway system.

View the Guidelines and Application for Roadway Entrances and Mailboxes.

Utility / Right of Way Permit
Highway Permit Agreement Applications and Guidelines for the use of county rights of way are available at the Road and Bridge Office, which is located at:
1195 280th Ave.
Hays, KS 67601

Please submit the original application with signatures and required attachments to the Road and Bridge Division.

For More Information
For more information about any of these permits and/or policies, please contact the Road and Bridge Division at (785) 628-9455.