Roadway Entrance & Mailbox Policies

Under the authority provided under KSA 19-101, 68-101, and 68-1701 and Ellis County Resolution 2000-6, all new or additional entrances or modifications to existing entrances to Ellis County roadways require the approval of Ellis County.

In addition, no mailbox or newspaper delivery box is permitted on an Ellis County right of way if it interferes with the safety of the traveling public or the function, maintenance, or operation of the county roadway system.

Application Locations
Roadway Entrance / Mailbox Applications and Guidelines are available at the following locations:
Steps to Requesting Entrance Work
Please follow these instructions when requesting entrance work:
  1. Complete the petitioner portion of the Roadway Entrance / Mailbox Application
  2. Return the original application and signatures to Ellis County Planning and Zoning Office, which is located at:
    1195 280th Ave
    Hays, KS 67601
  3. For a new entrance, or for the relocation of an existing entrance, please place the two flags provided at the center of the desired entrance location.