The Ellis County Clerk’s Office is an official passport acceptance agency. As passport acceptance agents, we:
- Accept passport applications
- Verify given information
- Assimilate the required information and appropriate fees
- Send the application to the U.S. Department of State, which issues or denies passport requests
Items to BringWhen you come in to apply for a passport, please bring the following with you:
- Original or certified copy of your birth certificate. All birth certificates must include the full names of the applicant's parent(s). This cannot be a hospital record. If you were born in Kansas and need a certified copy contact Kansas Office of Vital Statistics. In addition, a copy is needed of the original or certified birth certificate both front and back, as well as a copy of your Driver's License both front and back. We can provide copes for you for an additional fee of $1.00 per page.
- Two checks or money orders for the required fees per application - debit and credit cards are not accepted
- One recent passport picture (Walgreens and Walmart provide this service)
- Valid Kansas driver’s license (if driver's license is not Kansas issued, must have a second photo ID)
- A child (under age 16) must be accompanied by both parents
Passport Office Hours
The County Clerk's Office hours for passport processing are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Passports processed after 1:30 pm will be mailed the next business day.